1- Online news and OTT content has been brought under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
2- IPL 13 is estimated to have generated a revenue of INR 26,000 Crore for Disney-Star India, 250 Crore of which is estimated to be contributed by Hotstar.
3- Ipsos has launched Utsavnama, a month-long festival tracker to track consumer behavior during this festive season.
4- DTH subscribers base in India has increased from 70.26 million in Mar 2020 to 70.58 million in Jun 2020: TRAI
5- ShareChat in partnership with Nielsen India has rolled out a report titled ‘Understanding India’s Next Billion Internet Users’ that focuses on overall social media usage, consumption & online behavior. Some of the key findings are:
- 78% of native language users engage in social media activities during their leisure time.
- 73% of internet users sign into social networking platforms every day and are most active between 7pm and 11pm. They spend over 5 hours a week, signing in at least 3 times every day.
- Video is the most preferred content format with users spending more than 2 minutes on every video.
- 49% of users post content daily, images having the highest share followed by videos.
- Entertainment & networking are the two top reasons to sign up on any social media.
6- India Today has launched its web edition in Malayalam opening its doors to 18 million active internet users.
7- IN10 Media Network inaugurated a new Kids’ channel on the occasion of Children’s Day: Gubbare- Masti Ke Phuwarre.
8- Fever FM has emerged as the top radio station in terms of listenership share in Mumbai and Delhi for the week 37-40. Radio City and Radio Mirchi were the top stations in Bangalore and Kolkata respectively: RAM Ratings
9- BARC- Top 5 Tamil GEC advertisers for week 44 (31st Oct –6th Nov): Lizol, Hamam Neem, Boost, Ramraj Veshtee, Vasanth & Co.
10- BARC- Top 5 advertisers of week 44 (31st Oct –6th Nov): Hindustan Lever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (INDIA) Ltd, Wipro Ltd, Ponds India, Godrej Consumer Products.
11- According to BARC weekly data, the following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in week 44 (31st Oct –6th Nov)-
- Pay– Star Sports 1 Hindi, Star Plus, Sun TV, Star Maa, Star Vijay
- Free– Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Sony Pal, Dangal, Colors Rishtey