1. Taboola has recently forged a partnership with The Hindu under which The Hindu has implemented Taboola’s content feed across all of their regional sites on mobile and web to maximize traffic, increase audience engagement, and monetization.
2. India Today Digital has been ranked as the top digital platform for general news consumption with a monthly viewership of 6.28 million and 117 million unique visitors on Desktop and Mobile respectively.
3. ByteDance has decided to stop it’s short video app Vigo Video in India by the end of October- 2020.
4. Jio Savaan has launched a special starter pack for brands. The offer will give FREE audio ad credits worth of 70K (INR) to new advertisers in June for a 7-day campaign. Additionally, the in-house team of Jio Savaan will also help the brands with recording the audio for their ad.
5. EY released a new report “Is contactless sales the new reality for industrial products?”, according to which the aspects of the sales process, including negotiation, transaction, channel engagement & internal reviews, have shifted to digital space during this pandemic. The report also mentions a few strategies that industrial product organizations benefit from.
6. Star Utsav is available on DD Free Dish from 10th June, the channel is aiming to broadcast most of the old hit series like Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Mahabharat, and Nazar etc.
7. Network18 has decided to discontinue its lifestyle channel FYI TV18 and FYI TV18 HD from July 8.
8. DAN India has launched the world’s first gaming demand-side platform, ‘Dentsu Play’.The platform will help the brands in segmenting their audiences and identify opportunities that yield maximum value for brands as well as gaming partners integrated with the ecosystem.
9. BARC- Top advertisers of 22nd week (30th May- 5th June): Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Brooke Bond Lipton India, Reckitt Benckiser (INDIA) Ltd, ITC LTD, Colgate Palmolive India Ltd.
10. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 22nd week (30th May- 5th June)-
- Pay– Sun TV, Star Plus, Sony Sab, Sony MAX, Nick.
- Free– Dangal, Big Magic, B4U Kadak, Zee Bispoke, Bhojpuri Cinema.
Stay tuned for the weekly update of top media ad news headlines.