1. GroupM’s Kinetic Worldwide has announced a launch of their OOH planning tool- IOM (India On Move). The tool will help in understanding the audience traffic pattern to implement better targeting and minimizing the spillover.
2. MX Player has launched an alternative to Tik-Tok in India- “TakaTak”.The app enables the users to create and browse short-form video apps.
3. TV Advertising volume is close to touching normalcy, witnessing the least decline of 6.45% in June when compared to the same period last year. April and May saw a significant dip in ad duration of about 47% and 41.6% respectively (in comparison with the same period last year)- TAM AdEx
4. Zee5 to launch its own self- serve platform that will be based on a first-price unified auction model for programmatic buying.
5. Gaana has launched Hotshots, a platform where content creators can create and share short formatted videos and stories.
6. The share of GEC (General entertainment channel) in the total viewership has gone up from 43% to 48% from week 22 to week 26. Also, the total TV viewership recorded a jump of almost 15% in comparison to the pre-covid time- BARC India and Nielsen Report.
7. Top 10 ads on Youtube in India in June- 60X Super Zoom Super Speed | realme India, #HyperTaskersWelcome | OnePlus India, Awesome Design | Samsung India, Float | Apple India, Raahi #PrideFromHome | Tinder India, Padhai Hamari Jaari hai | Aakash Institute, Goodknight Gold Flash | Tamil GoodKnight, Taking extra care to keep you safe | Ola, Happy Father’s Day 2020 | Tata Motors, Handwash Hindi | Lifebuoy India
8. BARC- Top advertisers of 26th week (27th June- 3rd July): Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (INDIA) Ltd, Brooke Bond Lipton India, Godrej Consumer Products LTD, ITC LTD.
9. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 26th week (27th June- 3rd July)-
- Pay– Sun TV, Star Plus, Sony Sab, Star Maa, Nick.
- Free– Dangal, Star Utsav, Colors Rishtey, Zee Anmol, Sony Pal.
Stay tuned for the weekly update of top media ad news headlines.