1. YouTube planning to launch “Shorts” by the end of 2020 to compete with TikTok, a social media platform where a user can upload short self-made videos.
2. World Wide Media, publisher of top magazines like Filmfare, Grazia India, Femina, Lonely Planet Magazine India, GoodHomes and Hello suspends print edition of its publications for April 2020 in the light of coronavirus. The e-issues of the magazines will available to the subscribers & non-subscribers at no fee.
3. Mobile gaming record 31% increase in ad requests globally and 39% surge in mobile game downloads, says an analysis by Pokkt Mobile Ads.
4. Sharechat, a social media platform, has enabled the platform for micro-influencers to work closely with brands and create unique brand experiences through User Generated Content, this helps brands getting more connected with its audience.
5. Netflix wins downloads over Youtube, Prime, and Disney + with more than 59 million installs in the Q1 of 2020, but Youtube kids is ranked number one in terms of time spent on the platform.
6. Google will be allowing some ads on Coronavirus starting from government entities, hospitals, medical providers and non-governmental organizations that want to get relevant information out to the public
7. Doordarshan became the most-watched channel in India in the 13th week of 2020 (28th march- 3rd April) riding on the return of classics such as Ramayan, Mahabharat, and Shaktiman.
8. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 13th week (4th – 10th April) of 2020-
Pay– Sun TV, DD National, Sony Sab, Sony Max, Zee Cinema
Free– Dangal, Big Magic, DD National, B4U Kadak, B4U Movies
Stay tuned for the weekly dose of your media-related news.