1. MoEngage and Apptopia released a new report “Global Mobile Consumer Trends Report 2020”, which tracks the movements in Q2 vs Q1 2020. A few highlights:
- Dating apps saw a whooping 398% jump in DAU in India
- Fitness apps saw a 156% jump in downloads in India, accounting for over 58 Mn active users.
- Edtech apps saw an increase in DAU by 22% and downloads by 34%.
- Ecommerce apps witnessed a decline of -1.4% in downloads and -14% in DAU.
2. Fever FM maintained its top spot in Mumbai and Delhi, while Radio City and Radio Mirchi continued to lead in Bangalore and Kolkata respectively in the 26-29th week- RAM radio ratings.
3. Republic Bharat has become the No 1 Hindi News channel with a 19.53% market share in the 34th week- BARC
4. Inmobi unveiled new research data on “Understanding the festive journey in the new normal”. The research study discusses the shopping sentiments of Indian consumers this festive season to help marketers in fine-tuning their marketing strategies.
5. TV advertising witnessed a growth of 11% in July-August this year compared to the same duration last year- Adex India.
6. Momspresso with Qoruz has released a report “Top 100 Mom social media influencers of India” which is a data-driven ranking of top mom influencers on Instagram.
7. Top 5 English advertisers in English News (week- 34th, 22nd- 28th Aug)- Kia Sonet, Thyrocare, BMW Car, Dell technologies, Sharda University
8. BARC- Top 5 advertisers of 34th week (22nd – 28th Aug): Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (INDIA) Ltd, ITC Ltd, Brooke Bond Lipton India, Godrej Consumer Products,
9. According to BARC weekly data, following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 34th week (22nd-28th Aug)-
Pay– Sun TV, Star Plus, Star Maa, Sony SAB, Zee Telugu.
Free– Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Dangal, Sony Pal, Colors Rishtey
Stay tuned for the weekly update of top media ad news headlines.
Also, share on social media to keep your contacts updated.