1) Star Utsav, Colors Rishtey, Zee Anmol, Zee Anmol Cinema and Sony Pal have been added to the DD Freedish on a pro-rate basis for the period of 10 June 2020- 31st March 2021, which were earlier removed due to the TRAI’s tariff order.
2) Instagram’s planning to let creators earn from their live videos and IGTV’s by bringing video ads to the platform.
3) Viacom18 relaunches its Hindi movie channel Rishtey Cineplex on DD Freedish from 5th of June.
4) Lemma has launched Falcon, an AI-driven media planning and monitoring tool for Digital Out Of Home. The tool will assist the advertisers with the relevant opportunities to drive the consumers to connect and build customized DOOH plans.
5) Sony Pictures Network India will be shutting down the operations of its English Entertainment channels AXN and AXN HD from 30th June.
6) TV Today will be discontinuing its Hindi news channel Delhi Aaj Tak on all the platforms from the 30th of June.
7) Paytm First Games brings back two new fantasy cricket tournaments for the fans of fantasy sports- Finland T20 Premier League and Vanuatu T10 League.
8) According to Comscore data, the total internet consumption in April 2020 has increased by 20% compared to Jan 2020. Some of the most popular categories in terms of time spent were Entertainment, Social Networks, Games, News, and Instant Messengers.
9) BARC- Top advertisers of 21st week (23rd- 29th May): Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (INDIA) Ltd, ITC LTD, Godrej Consumer Products, Brooke Bond Lipton India.
10) According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 21st week ( 23rd- 29th May)-
Pay– Sun TV, Star Plus, Sony Sab, Nick, Sony MAX
Free– Dangal, Big Magic, B4U Kadak, Zee Bispoke, DD National