1. The online music consumption in India saw a 13% rise during the lockdown period- Gaana
2. TV advertising witnessed a surge of 10% in the total number of advertisers in week 17.
3. Publicis group launches a new service “The Pact”, this guarantees the delivery of agreed KPI’s to the marketers or else it will refund to the client 100 percent of the agency fee and media spend.
4. BARC released a new report “Crisis Consumption on TV and Smartphones”, according to which the total TV viewership grew by 29% over the pre-COVID period, and the time spent on smartphones has increased by 16%.
5. Kantar released a new report “ICUBE 2019” based on digital adoption and usage trends in India, according to which about 84% of users access the internet for entertainment purposes.
6. The Sony entertainment channel has announced that the 12th season of the iconic show- Kaun Banega Crorepati will start to broadcast on the channel soon.
7. The rural population shows a promising growth of 45% in the monthly active internet users in 2019, estimating 264 million internet users in rural India.
8. Airtel Thanks customer will now get free unlimited access to the Zee5’s entire premium content library, the offer is available from 4th May- 12th July 2020.
9. BARC- Top advertisers of 17th week (24th April- 1st May 2020): Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (INDIA) Ltd, Brooke Bond Lipton India, Wipro LTD, ITC LTD.
10. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 17th week (24th April- 1st May 2020)-
Pay– DD National, Sun TV, Sony Sab, Sony Max, DD Bharti
Free– Dangal, Big Magic, DD National, B4U Kadak, DD Bharti
Stay tuned for the weekly dose of your media-related news.