1. Google has launched Ads Transparency Spotlight, a tool to offer more transparency to its users about the ads they see. Now Google display ad will have a new option ”About this ad” which will show users the verified name of the advertiser.
2. Inmobi released a new report “Audience Insight Mobile Gaming, Asia Pacific”. A few highlights-
- India has witnessed an overall growth of almost 80% in the gaming app usage during April and May 2020.
- Almost 40% of mobile game app users come under the age group of 45+.
- Gaming is popular in south India with 34% of share followed by North India at 33%, West India 26%, and East India with 8%.
3. EORtV launches Video sharing Social media platform EORtOK & gives users an opportunity to debut on their upcoming web series.
5. The GEC genre registered a growth of overall 51% in total ad volumes in week 30 when compared to the week 23. Also in the GEC genre, Hindi GEC has garnered the highest share of 23% in total ad volumes- TAM Adex
6. Fever FM continues to lead in Mumbai and Delhi, while Radio City tops in Bangalore and Radio Mirchi in Kolkata in week 21-22. (RAM Radio Ratings)
7. Jio Savaan has launched a new book for brands and advertisers- “Connecting From A Safe Distance: The Digital Audio Playbook For A New Reality”. The audiobook talks about creating relevant and engaging digital audio advertising strategies for a new listener landscape.
8. HT Media has acquired Mosaic Media Ventures that operates digital media properties VCCircle and Techcircle
9. Top 10 Multi-Platform Properties in June in India (Desktop and Mobile)- Google Sites, Facebook, Times Internet Limited, Amazon Sites, Flipkart SItes, Bytedance Inc, Truecaller.com, Paytm.com, ZEE Digital, Reliance Jio digital services.
10. Top 5 advertisers in terms of the number of spots (18th- 24th July)-
- VICKS VAPORUB
- DOVE CREAM BATHING BAR
- GARNIER BLACK NATURALS
11. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 29th week (18th-24th July)-
- Pay– Sun TV, Star Plus, Sony Sab, Star Maa, Zee Telugu.
- Free– Zee Anmol, Dangal, Star Utsav, Colors Rishtey, Sony Pal.
Stay tuned for the weekly update of top media ad news headlines.
Also, share on social media to keep your contacts updated.