1. Google blocked and removed 2.7 billion bad ads and terminated over 1.2 million advertisers’ accounts that violate Google’s ads policies.
2. Colors acquires the right to broadcast Mahabharat, the show is set to air on Colors from 4th May every day from 7-9 pm.
3. Shemaroo, generally known as a content aggregator and distributor, launches free-to-air general entertainment channel Shemaroo TV. The channel went live on 1st May 2020.
4. Dish TV partners with MX Player and launched Dish SMRT app for its android-based connected devices where its users can stream popular MX Originals, TV shows, Music Videos and Movies across multiple genres and languages.
5. BARC India launched a new product PrimaVU which aims at measuring the viewership data from the premium homes.
6. The online video streaming service HOOQ has shut down its service from 30th April 2020. The service has more than 80 million subscribers in 5 countries.
7. The overall ad volumes on TV has recorded a 13.4% drop during April 18-24th (week 16) 2020- BARC
8. BARC- Top advertisers of 16th week (18th- 24th April 2020): Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (INDIA) Ltd, Brooke Bond Lipton India, ITC LTD, Smithline Beecham.
9. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 16th week (18th- 24th April 2020)-
Pay– DD National, Sun TV, Sony Sab, Sony Max, Zee Cinema
Free– Dangal, Big Magic, DD National, B4U Kadak, Zee Biskope
Stay tuned for the weekly dose of your media-related news.