1. Flipkart has launched- “Brand Pulse”, an insight tool to help brands understand their relevance with context to competition and help them in developing their marketing plans on Flipkart.
2. The lockdown due to the Pandemic has led to the emergence of over 75 new categories of advertisers in India who were not advertising before April 2020- TAM Adex
3. BARC and Neilsen have released the eleventh edition of the report on ‘Crisis Consumption on TV and Smartphones’, A few highlights:
- AD Volumes in Unlock period surpassed Pre-COVID Volumes by ~12%
- Overall smartphone usage is slightly lower than pre-COVID levels, considering the ban of a few apps in India.
- On TV, the share of the different genres is more or less back to pre-COVID levels
4. Fever FM maintained its top spot in Mumbai and Delhi, while Radio City and Radio Mirchi continued to lead in Bangalore and Kolkata respectively in the 25-28th week- RAM radio ratings.
5. Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation to grant rebate and extension to all the advertising contracts. The corporation had waived off the payment of installment from March 23, 2020, to June 30, 2020.
6. According to the TV industry experts, the TV Adex to grow by 60-70% in H2 2020 compared to H1 2020.
7. BARC- Top 5 advertisers of 33rd week (14th- 21st August): Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (INDIA) Ltd, ITC Ltd, Godrej Consumer Products, Brooke Bond Lipton India Ltd.
8. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 33rd week (14th- 21st August)-
- Pay– Sun TV, Star Plus, Star Maa, Sony SAB, Zee Telugu.
- Free– Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Dangal, Sony Pal, Colors Rishtey
Stay tuned for the weekly update of top media ad news headlines.