- ASCI releases draft guidelines for ‘influencer ads’ on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms, which it said was to enable consumers to “easily recognize promotional content on digital platforms.
- Apex Industry body ASSOCHAM’s research report states that a $1 trillion digital economy is possible in the next four years.
- Esports is the new rage in the Indian arena. Viewership of Esports in India doubled to 17 million in 2020 while the prize money pool grew 25-30%, according to industry estimates.
- Airtel launches Airtel Ads to offer brands powerful engagement solutions. Airtel Ads allows brands of all sizes to curate consent-based and privacy-safe campaigns to a big pool of quality customers in India.
- RAM Ratings for Week 52’20-Week 3’21 is out with Fever FM maintaining its top spot on the charts in Mumbai and Delhi. Radio City garnered the most listenership in Bangalore and Radio Mirchi in Kolkata. The four week time period for the survey is between 20th December 2020 and 16nd Jan 2021.
- BARC top 5 advertisers of the week 7 (13th Feb- 19th Feb 2021) are – Hindustan Lever LTD, Reckitt Benckiser, ITC LTD, Ponds India, and Godrej Consumer Products.
- According to BARC weekly data, the following were the top 5 free and paid TV channels in week 7 (13th Feb – 19th Feb 2021) –
Paid– Sun TV, STAR Plus, STAR Maa, STAR Vijay, Colours.
Free– Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Sony Pal, Colors Rishtey, Dangal.