1. Disney has postponed the launch of it’s streaming app Disney +, the launch will be rescheduled when the IPL starts.
2. Tokyo Olympic, one of the most awaited events in the advertising calendar, most likely to be moved to 2021 due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
3. According to BARC’s What India Watched 2019 lastest report- News channel viewership increased by 23% and regional channels saw almost double growth in their viewership stats in 2019.
4. Smartphone companies to cut their marketing expenditure by 70% as the sales hit hard due to COVID-19 Pandemic.
5. According to a report by FICCI-EY, online gaming (mainly Fantasy sports) was the fastest growing sector in 2019 with the overall growth of 41%.
6.ICC Women’s T20 world cup broke all T20 viewership records with a total consumption of 5.4 billion minutes during the tournament.
7. According to BARC- The overall TV viewership has increased by 5% and advertising on TV grows by 11% due to lockdowns.
8. Eros Now, OTT platform, enters into English-language content market with a launch of “Eros Now Prime”
9. Audio OTT streaming apps saw a 42% jump in time-spent- Kantar – VTION’s passive OTT Audio Audience Measurement.
Stay tuned for the weekly dose of your media-related news.