1. Zee5 has launched an OOT platform for kids- ZEE5 Kids. The platform encompasses various kids genres in 9 different languages. The platform will be free for all users.
2. DAN has announced a launch of it’s new OTT planner tool- Dentsu Marketing Cloud Video+, a tool that will help in the approach of planning and buying on OTT platforms.
3. JioSaavn has launched a new service “JioSaavn YourCast”, the service allows the Indian podcasters to directly upload their shows on the platform and reach out to the 100 mn user base of the platform.
4. 79% of MSEs are negatively affected by the COVID-19 crises and mainly 24% MSEs are operational now- Kantar report on the impact of COVID-19 on MSEs (Medium and Small Enterprises) sector in India.
5. Snapdeal has partnered with Hungama Play to offer video streaming services to its users, on the same app. The service offers video streaming services across various genres in 15 different languages.
6. The two classics Ramayan and Mahabharat on Doordarshan have witnessed 14x and 12x increase in advertisers count with over 1900-2000 seconds FCT (Free Commercial Time) daily- BARC India and Nielsen Media
7. The municipal administration in Hyderabad has issued a new advertising policy that limits the height and space they can occupy on the facade of buildings. Hoarding more than 15 feet tall will be taken down when their license gets complete.
8. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 15th week (11th – 17th April) of 2020-
Pay– DD National, Sun TV, Sony Sab, Sony Max, Zee Cinema
Free– Dangal, DD National, Big Magic, B4U Kadak, Zee Biskope
Stay tuned for the weekly dose of your media-related news.