1. TV9 to shut down its English News channel News 9 and venture into Digital Medium for the same.
2. Ad insertion on Digital witnessed a decline of 22 % in April- June quarter when compared to the Q1, on the other hand, ad insertion on Radio fell more heavily with a drop of 79% quarter on quarter.
3. HT Media has launched a Mobile-first Bengali news website- HT Bangla (bangla.hindustantimes.com). The content of the website is more focused on millennials and gen Z.
4. Influencer.in released a report ‘Influencer Marketing Report 2020, which provides insights into the growth of Influencer marketing in India. Also, they did a survey according to which almost 55% of Tik-Tok users are moving to Instagram, followed by 20% on Youtube.
5. PhonePe and Republic Media Network have announced a partnership under which Republic’s content will now be available to the PhonePe users via their switch platforms.
6. Reliance Industries has launched Jio tv + , a content aggregator platform for all Jio set-up box users. The platform offers content from over top 12 OTT platforms all on the single screen.
7. Top 5 advertisers on Hindi News of the week (26th June- 3rd July)- Fena Limited, Matrimony PVT LTD, Greenlam Industries LTD, Lakme Lever LTD, S Narendra Kumar & Co.
8. BARC- Top 5 advertisers of 27th week (3rd- 10th July): Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (INDIA) Ltd, Brooke Bond Lipton India, Godrej Consumer Products LTD, ITC LTD.
9. According to BARC weekly data following were the top 5 free and pay-TV channels in the 27th week (3rd- 10th July)-
- Pay– Sun TV, Star Plus, Star Maa, Sony Sab, Nick.
- Free– Dangal, Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Colors Rishtey, Sony Pal.
Stay tuned for the weekly update of top media ad news headlines.