1.Google announced to waive its ad fees for news publishers globally on Google Ads Manager for 5 months.
2. According to the new BARC-Neilsen report, total FTC (Free Commercial Time) has seen a 26% drop and the witnessed the jump of 38% in TV consumption at all India level in week 14.
3. Facebook has cut its ad rates to almost 20% in the month of March due to the severe drop in ad spending on the platform.
4. BCCI has announced the suspension of Vivo IPL 2020 of this year, likely for an indefinite period of time.
5. KPMG released a new report which discusses the effect of COVID-19 on M & E industry. The report suggests that digital consumption will see rapid incremental growth with its digital trajectory likely to accelerate considerably.
6. Women’s magazine brand Femina releases it’s April issue with showcasing the exemplary efforts shown by real women warriors during this pandemic on its cover page.
7. Ad insertions of OTT platforms on Television rose to 40% in March 2020 compared to February 2020- TAM Axis report on OTT ad insertions on TV.
8. Publicis Group has launched a new report “Reboot To A New Normal” which mainly talks about media consumption patterns, media usage, purchase behavior, and overall marketing trends during this outbreak.
9. BARC- Top advertisers of 14th week (4th- 10th April 2020): Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser (INDIA) Ltd, Brooke Bond Lipton India, Indya Interactive Services Ltd, Policybazaar.
Stay tuned for the weekly dose of your media-related news.