Frequently asked questions on Radio advertisement.
Few FM channels (like Radio Mirchi) asks for GST and PAN Card details
- Login in to www.themediaant.com/dashboard and access your campaign by clicking on it’s name
- Download the Template from “Schedule Tab”, choose start & end date and download the template. Open the template, put number of ads to be placed against each date and upload. Now you campaign is scheduled
- Click on “Uploads Tab” and choose Upload to share your artwork with us. Any other file (multiple jingles) upload using the same button
- Make the payment using the “Payment Tab”
- Share your campaign details with Help@TheMediaAnt.com and mention the following:
- Start Date
- End Date
- How many times to be played per day
- Any special request (not play on Sunday, Monday only 1st half etc.)
- Share Jingle if ready
Client Servicing team would then get in touch and help.
1. The advertiser can choose a specific spot for placing the ad by paying a premium over and above the normal cost of advertising.
2. The premium percentage ranges from 50 – 100 % depending on the station and market
In case the ad gets dropped, the advertiser has two options to choose from -1. The advertiser has an option to ask the Broadcaster to schedule the dropped spots on the next date or on any other date and time as per his / her desire
2. The advertiser can claim for a refund for the spots which were dropped
This (ad not playing) is technically called “Dropped Spots”
The advertiser can either visit the Radio Station for the recordings.Alternatively, the RJ can visit the advertiser and record the interview.
Please note that there might be a cost involved in RJs visiting your location and recording.
The advertising brand have the option of recording and airing the exclusive interview which helps to promote the brand massively.
An advertising brand can sponsor games / quizzes on Radio and give away branded gratifications to the winners of the contest
1. When the RJ talks about your brand while conducting the show, it helps to promote your brand.
2. The RJ spends about 30 – 45 sec talking about your brand.
A show sponsorship tag is the Tag line of the advertising brand which is aired before the start of the show.
Example – This show is brought to you by Carl Zeiss Drive Safe Lenses…….
1. If the campaign size is more than 1 lac, we provide Show Sponsorship Tags as a Value Ad Free of Cost
2. If the campaign size is upto Rs 5 lac, we provide Show Sponsorship Tags, RJ Mentions as a Value Ad Free of Cost
3. If the campaign size is upto Rs 8 lac, we provide Show Sponsorship Tags, RJ Mentions, Conest as a Value Ad Free of Cost
4. If the campaign size is more than Rs 8 lac, we provide Show Sponsorship Tags, RJ Mentions, Conest & Interview as a Value Ad Free of Cost
The afternoon timeband, i.e from 12PM to 5PM is the non prime time band in Radio Advertising.
The Morning hours(7AM to 11AM) and the Evening hours(5PM to 10PM) is the prime time band in Radio Advertising.
This timing might change in few cases.
1. We share the ad spot timings on a daily basis through which one can track the number of spots played during the campaign.
2. We share a Broadcast Certificate at the end of the campaign.The Broadcast Certificate is issued at the letter head of the Broadcaster
3. The Broadcast Certificate is an autogenerated / system generated proof of the campaign which displays the exact number of spots aired with the precise time.
4. We can arrange for the recording of few spots at advertisers request.
There are broadly 2 types of Radio ads.
- RJ Mentions and Integration
Jingle advertising is the most popular form and here ads are placed during the breaks. We will cover Jingle advertising in this FAQ.
There are 3 factors required to place a jingle ad
- How many days you want to play the ad? (Campaign Duration)
- How many times you want to play your ad daily? (Frequency)
- How long will be your ad? (Jingle length)
Advertising cost for Radio is quoted as cost per sec. To calculate your total cost multiply
Rate X Duration X Frequency X Jingle Length
e.g: Abhineet wants to know how much will it cost to place ad in Radio Mirchi Delhi. He found a rate of Rs 150 per sec on Media Ant site. He wants to run his campaign for 5 days, 6 times per day and he expects his ad to be 20 sec long.
The way he can calculate the budget:
Rate X Duration X Frequency X Jingle Length
150 X 5 X 6 X 20 = Rs 90,000
It is difficult to pick a very specific time to advertise. It can be because of the following reasons:
- Content might be getting played and there is no ad space
- Some other advertiser ad is already scheduled
It is recommended to pick a time band if you are looking for something very specific. You should not ask for 7:45 am every day but rather request ad to be played between 7am and 8am. Please note that these requests attract a significant premium.
You will be shared a Broadcast certificate at the end of the campaign. These reports are generated by Radio stations at month end and shared with advertisers around mid of the following month.