Frequently asked questions on Cinema advertisement
Shared rate for Television is per second. This is the price of showing 1 sec of your ad on that TV channel one time.
Let me explain this through an example.
Rate Star Plus on The Media Ant – Rs 2,000 per sec
You decided to run your video ad which is of 20 sec(ad length) , 5 times every day (frequency) for 7 Days(campaign duration). To calculate your budget:
Budget = Rate X Ad Length X Frequency X Campaign Duration
= 2000 X 20 X 5 X 7 = 1,400,000
In General, Slide ads are played first, followed by Slide Ads with audio, then Video ads, trailers and then movie begins.
The last spot in the commercial category before the Film, the first spot during Interval and the last spot during Interval will attract a Premium of 100% of the rate card
I booked 4 weeks campaign. 1st week coincided with the release of a Blockbuster. Will I be charged Blockbuster premium for all 4 weeks?
No. You will be charged premium only for the 1st week. Remaining 3 weeks will be at the regular rate.
In case your campaign is 5 weeks long, no premium will be charged through the campaign. Even first week will be at regular price
There is certainly a rate increase.
Additionally, your ad might get played during 3 shows per day instead of normal 4 shows per day. This is due to the increase in number of advertisers during Blockbuster movies.
- Slide – 2048 pixel (W) x 858 pixel (H) JPEG Image in 300 dpi resolution”
- Video – MOV or MP4 (High resolution)
- Audio File – WAV
- Inspection pass will be provided on Monday morning
- In – person inspection can be done by the client anytime
- Please write back to us for arranging the inspection
- Single screens share the contact number or log report at the end of the campaign
- Cinema Campaign can only start on a Friday
- Creative and payment needs to be completed by Wednesday 5pm
- Few movies get released on Thursdays and in that case deadline shifts a day prior
1. Conversion of your ad to the Cinema format (J2K or MPEG4)
2. Additional cost of Rs 1,750 for slide ads and Rs 2,500 for video ads
3. Censor certificate is required for running video ads
4. We assist in getting the certificate for an additional fee of Rs 8,500
5. It takes 2 working weeks to get the certificate
No. Multiplexes charge a premium for Block Buster movies. The premium can be 2X to 3X depending on the movie. Use the Advanced filter of Blockbuster movies to get the rate.
Few theaters also have Mega Blockbuster premium.
Please check for the list of blockbuster movies at The Media Ant blog or with your Client Servicing Manager.
1. Your ad is played minimum 3 times per day and maximum 5 times per day
2. Ad is played once during the show. You can choose interval or before the start of the movie
3. The rate is for a Week