- The Product
WaterScience is a company that manufactures non-drinking water purification products, like shower filters and tap filters. The Bengaluru-based bootstrapped start-up was set up in 2014 and has sold 1.25 lakh non-drinking purification products (tap and shower filters) in the last three years.
WaterScience puts cutting edge science, technology and research to work to ensure you get the best quality water possible.
Their products are designed to prevent contaminants before they come in contact with your body and thereby, help people embrace better, healthier hair and skin without any worry regarding the quality of water.
The products are available on the company’s website as well as ecommerce platforms like Amazon and Flipkart.
- The Objective
The objective of the campaign was to-
Drive 50% of the brand business through conversions on the company’s website.
- The Target Audience
People who are active users of e-commerce platforms for buying home related products.
The geography was pan India but mostly people from tier1 and 2 cities since they are comparatively more used to the idea of online purchase of products in the wellness or home category.
The challenge was to-
- Filter out people who prefer online shopping for purchasing wellness and home related products.
- Widen the consumer base of the brand with a strong focus on ‘direct-to-consumer’ channels through their own website, i.e, increasing their brand awareness.
While selecting the advertising platforms and keeping the objectives in mind, the following were some of the factors that were considered:
- Since the brand’s current presence is online and not brick-and-mortar, hence targeting users who are already present on the digital mediums and are active users of such sites would be more effective and helpful. This group generally prefers promising brands and tech-driven solutions rather than local services.
- Targeting people of a certain age group, for example between 30-50 years would be more accurate since this is when they generally look for home related products or invest in quality of living and wellness.
Keeping the approach and objectives in mind, and based on the past campaign execution experience, the following were the digital platforms that were suggested:
- Google display ads – Google display advertising is considered as the cornerstone of a digital marketing strategy, you can reach out to your targeted audience on your niche websites, apps, games or wherever your ad can appear through AdWords. It offers targeting options like age, geo, profession, etc. Hence, Google display ads helped the brand to target the audience by custom intent which helped in driving the awareness as well as the website traffic to WaterScience.
- Facebook ads – Facebook is one of the most powerful platforms to reach out to the maximum number of audience. It’s high in reach and one of the most used social media platforms where people spend most of their spare time. Also, it has relevant targeting options like Geography and other filters which makes it an effective platform for personalizing the targeting approach. Hence this platform was used to target people who prefer online shopping for home and wellness related products with a price range of 1500+.
- Campaign execution (creatives)
The brand came up with interesting and compelling banner ads, some of which are as follows-
The result of the campaign was-
Conversion rate went up to 6%
Conversion cost went down by 50%
There was a 70% increase in orders.